10 AM – 4:30 PM
Grounds of the Washington Monument near 17th Street NW and Constitution Avenue (Map)
Please note: drones are prohibited at this event.
The rain date is Sunday, April 2, 2017.
Click here to view photos from the 2016 Blossom Kite Festival.
Congratulations to last year’s Kite Competition Winners:
- Flat kites: Krishna Hari, Clarksburg, MD
- Bowed kites: Kaziah Hall, Arlington, VA
- Cellular kites: Phil Broder, Lewisberrry, PA
- Flexible kites: Melissa Marpster, Glen Burnie, MD
- Multi-line: David Ashworth, McLean, VA
- Kite trains: Chuck Holmes, Spartanburg, SC
- Special Recognition: Douglas and Rachel Mack, Lake Orion, MI
- Grand Prize: Chuck Holmes, Spartanburg, SC.
Metro: Smithsonian, Orange/Blue lines. Use Trip Planner.