Continue to Celebrate Spring with Passport DC
April 16, 2017
Cultural Tourism DC develops and delivers memorable Washington, DC experiences that provide people with opportunities to enjoy and learn about the District of Columbia’s neighborhoods and its international diplomatic community via Passport DC. Through the Passport DC programs, Cultural Tourism DC encourages residents and visitors alike to explore the city, boost the community’s economic prosperity, and become civically engaged.
Passport DC 2017 is a month-long journey around the world highlighting DC’s thriving international diplomatic community and its lively and varied culture. Celebrated annually in May, which is International Cultural Awareness Month in Washington, Passport DC is 31 days of programming by 70 embassies and more than 40 of DC’s very best cultural institutions.
Passport DC offers something for everyone as it invites DC area residents and visitors to experience a global journey without leaving the city. Among the events scheduled for May 2017:
* Passport DC 10th Anniversary Reception, April 26
* European Union Culture Month, May 1-31
* Flower Mart at National Cathedral, May 5 and 6
* Around the World Embassy Tour, May 6
* European Union Embassies’ Open House, May 13
* National Asian Heritage Festival: Fiesta Asia, May 20
* Embassy Chef Challenge Gala, May 24