1. Register here so we have all your contact info and shirt size!
2. Sign up for shifts! 2017 Festival shifts will be posted beginning February 10.
3. Use the Portal to change or cancel a shift.
4. Check out the Volunteer Handbook for Festival information and to prepare for your shifts.
5. Visit the Blog for special invites and updates.
Additional Volunteer Information
Why Volunteer? The National Cherry Blossom Festival provides cultural experiences that are (largely) free and open to the public. As a volunteer, you support an event that not only enhances, but defines life in our community.
Who Can Volunteer? We seek friendly, cooperative, and reliable volunteers. Knowledge about Washington, DC and the surrounding area is especially helpful – many visitors are from out of town and may need advice getting around!
If you have special needs, or represent a group or individual with special needs, please e-mail the General Festival email. Not all volunteer jobs are appropriate for all people.
Volunteer Requirements: In order for the Festival to schedule and communicate with volunteers effectively, volunteers must:
- Sign up to volunteer by registering online or by emailing email@example.com.
- Be able to understand, agree, and follow the volunteer requirements of the Festival as detailed on the Volunteer Waiver.
- Complete volunteer assignment(s) in a satisfactory way – arrive on time, stay the duration of your “shift(s)”, wear a volunteer shirt provided by the Festival, and represent the Festival in an enthusiastic, professional, and positive manner.
- Notify the Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible if your availability changes.
Volunteer Assignments: Volunteers assist the Festival in a variety of ways including but not limited to event set-up, execution, and breakdown; attendee interaction; and site maintenance and clean-up.
Festival events requiring significant volunteer support include Tidal Basin Welcome Areas, Blossom Kite Festival, Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival, and the Parade.
Important Note: DON’T DOUBLE-BOOK YOURSELF! When completing the registration form and/or volunteering for a partner organization, PLEASE take care not to create conflicts by stating availability / interest in events with concurrent or overlapping dates and times, or by committing to multiple shifts on the same day with less than an hour in between.
By registering to volunteer, you hold harmless and indemnify the National Cherry Blossom Festival, its affiliated companies, officers, directors, sponsors and employees from and against any loss, damage liability, claims, cost and expense including legal fees which may be incurred by reason of your volunteer participation in the National Cherry Blossom Festival, unless such claims are a result of gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of the National Cherry Blossom Festival.