The Festival is here and there are many ways to see the cherry trees. Plan a tour with one of our affiliates to experience the blossoms from land or sea!
*Dates and times vary, see Affiliate websites for details and tickets.
- >Odyssey – The glass-enclosed Odyssey is designed to travel beneath the low bridges of Washington DC, offering some of the most breathtaking views of the Cherry Blossom trees and monuments. Its signature elegance, gracious service, distinctive dining and live entertainment offer a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Spirit of Washington – The Spirit of Washington is the perfect way to enjoy the Festival. The expansive, freshly-prepared lunch and dinner buffets paired with engaging DJs provide guests with an entertaining celebration while they enjoy the amazing views.
- Spirit of Mt. Vernon – This is DC’s only round-trip cruise to the Home of George Washington! Enjoy a 90-minute sightseeing tour, plus discounted admission to the estate and gardens!
- Capital Elite – On the sleek charter yacht Capital Elite, you’ll sail around Haines Point for a 45-minute sightseeing cruise. Purchase your favorite drinks from our cash bar and see up-close views of the Cherry Blossoms for a limited time during the Festival.
Bike and Roll Washington, DC
- Blossoms by Bike – Celebrate the arrival of spring with this two-hour ride! See the natural beauty of our Nation’s Capital at its peak on our guided ride created especially for the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Instead of focusing on the monuments and memorials, this tour is intended to showcase the breathtaking views on the world famous DC cherry trees. Come with us and bike the sea of pink and white blossoms that surround the Potomac Tidal Basin to East Potomac Park and beyond.
- Blossoms by Bike River Ride – Ride along the scenic Mount Vernon Trail from Old Town Alexandria to DC and experience magnificent views of the National Cherry Blossoms from across the Potomac River. We will then continue into DC and around the Tidal Basin where you will see the blossoms up close and learn the history of these beautiful gifts before heading back to Alexandria. Perfect for those who want to enjoy a trail ride. Tour concludes with guided ride back to Old Town. No discounts can be applied to this tour.
- Segway into Spring – See the beautiful Blossoms by Segway on this 1.5 hour tour. You’ll Segway right into Spring with the only official National Cherry Blossom Festival guided Segway ride, new for 2014! This tour will highlight the very best views of Washington DC’s famous cherry blossoms. Ride along with us to the Potomac Tidal Basin, East Potomac Park and beyond as you’re surrounded by the beloved white and pink petals.
Capital Yacht Charters
- Cherry Blossom Cruises – Enjoy a relaxing motor yacht cruise aboard one of four luxury vessels. See the blossoms and enjoy a 60-minuteor 90-minute narrated tour on one of any three motor-ized yachts. Bring cameras and take pictures from the unique perspective of the Potomac River. On Saturdays and Sundays, special tea service is provided aboard Finished Business.
- Boat Tour Along the Blossoms & Monuments – Avoid the crowds and enjoy a beautiful way to view the blossoms and monuments as they reflect off the water. Boats have heating and lavatories.
- Monuments-by-Moonlight Cruise – A spectacular cruise along the illuminated monuments and The Kennedy Center on a heated boat with bar and restrooms.
- DC Metro Food Tour – Experience the National Cherry Blossom Festival through the history, architecture and most importantly, local cuisine! Expand and challenge the palette with an array of delicious dishes inspired by both cherries and the area’s Japanese influence.
Washington Photo Safari
Each year the trees donated by Japan over 100 years ago provide a gorgeous vista of pink and white ringing the Tidal Basin, making cherry blossoms the signature event of DC’s tourist season. Visitors to the nation’s capital should not miss this extraordinary event, and local residents needing an excuse to see the blossoms now have one: photography instruction! You will learn how to make best use of your camera in shooting people, architecture, landscapes and monuments, and you will come away with gorgeous images in your camera.