Time: 7 – 9 PM
Location: The Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square – 801 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001 (map)
Cost: – VIP Admission (includes an extra hour of access to the event from 6 -7 PM, and a gift bag) – $150 – General Admission – $100 – Sponsor VIP Package – Click here to download more information.
Tickets: See below.
- Dassai “23” Junmai Daiginjo from the Yamaguchi Prefecture, which was served at the April 2015 State Dinner during Prime Minister Abe’s recent visit to the White House.
- Nanbu Bijin “Southern Beauty” Nama Nama, Toubetsu Junmai from the Iwata Prefecture, an unpasteurized seasonal sake, bottled and shipped immediately to maintain its purity and quality. It is only produced once a year in extremely limited quantities.
- Kubota Manju “10,000 Celebrations” Junmai Daiginjo from the Niigata Prefecture, one of the most famous and highly awarded sakes, setting the standard for others to be measured against.
Complementing the beverages, tastings of Japanese cuisine will be served by local restaurants including:
- KAZ Sushi Bistro: Salmon with Miso-cured Mozzarella & Shiso
- Chaplin’s Restaurant: Tastings of Beef Gyoza, Chicken & Shrimp Shumai, and Drunken Pork Dumpling
- Asia Nine: Yakitori (Skewered Grilled Chicken)
- Benihana-Bethesda: Assortment of Maki Sushi
- Asia 54: Spicy Tuna Roll
- SEI: Sake Cured Salmon
What People are Saying
“Over 20 breweries showcased their best, ranging from sakes, plum wine, and beer [;] it was a match made in sake paradise. Each representative made sure to thoroughly explain the three to six options available per station.” – womanaroundtown.com “Overall, this was a great event that introduced some wonderful premium sakes to lots of eager sake lovers in Washington, D.C. It was a fantastic evening of sake and good fun.” – hakkaisan.com “I have never had sake that good before – and I probably never will again as all of the sakes I tried that night are in the top 1% of those produced in Japan.” – worldnomads.com
Event proceeds benefit the National Cherry Blossom Festival, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Sponsor VIP Package – Click here to download more information.
Metro: Mt Vernon Sq 7th St-Convention Center (Green/Yellow lines).