Sing Into Spring Winners Selected to Perform in Parade
February 1, 2018
The National Cherry Blossom Festival is delighted to announce The GW Pitches, Emma G, and Summer as the winners of the 2018 Sing Into Spring competition. Selected following a live audition at the Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater in Washington, DC – where 17 finalists went head-to-head to showcase their vocal abilities, the winners have secured a coveted spot to perform in the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC on Saturday, April 14.
The GW Pitches, Emma G, and Summer will perform among a standout lineup of celebrity entertainers, marching bands from across the country, energetic performers, giant colorful helium balloons, and elaborate floats in a magnificent musical showcase exclusively performed during this fun-filled event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
Celebrities and other exciting Parade elements confirmed to-date include:
- Honorary Grand Marshal: Chef Carla Hall, co-host of ABC’s Emmy Award winning series “The Chew”
- 90s hip-hop trailblazers Arrested Development (of hit single People Everyday)
- Pop/classical string quartet Well Strung (members on current season of “The Amazing Race”)
- Grammy-nominated country singer Ty Herndon
- “The Voice” season 11 contestant Billy Gilman and season eight contestant Sarah Potenza
- Gravity-defying extreme stunt pogo team XPOGO
- Miss America 2018 Cara Mund
- Giant colorful balloons including Smurfette, Peppa Pig, Magic School Bus, Sam I Am, Domo, and more
Parade grandstand tickets are now on sale here. The Grandstand section offers reserved seating along Constitution Avenue between 15th and 17th Streets NW. Group tickets for 10 or more are also available. Standing along the Parade route is free and open to the public.
The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC is the largest spectator event of the Festival, and will be held from 10:00am to noon on Saturday, April 14, 2018. The Parade is Metro-accessible via the Navy Memorial Station on the Yellow/Green lines or Federal Triangle Station on the Blue/Orange lines.
The National Cherry Blossom Festival Sing Into Spring Competition is supported by media partners 94.7 Fresh FM, WPGC 95.5, and El Zol 107.9.